This post New birth, new beginnings has moved to journojohnson.com

The start of a new year is always a time for new beginnings, clearing out the old garbage out of our homes, lives and minds. It is also the time for new birth and new opportunities. 2019 is particularly the year of new birth for me as my husband Angus and I become great aunt and great uncle for the first time with the birth of my nephew's lovely first baby boy.
Isn't he lovely!


But a new year can also be a time for new beginnings with our writing. I have a couple of courses booked to improve my powers of description and my short story writing. 

However well we write there is always room for improvement. I have booked a whole week away in the summer to concentrate on my writing for the first time. Time is the road to improvement for sure. So, at the start of this new year lets concentrate on dusting down our old ideas and old skills - we need to conserve what we have already learnt and succeeded in - but to also learn new ideas, new ways of doing things or doing them better. Happy New Year!