This post Publicising my publication has moved to journojohnson.com

It's great writing a book, at least some days! Most authors get a real buzz working alongside their editor to make the product or book the very best that it can be. I know I did. I loved those days. Then handling your book for the first time feels great too as you see the title you created, the book cover image you choose so painstakingly on the front along with your name. Perhaps we might ignore the picture of ourselves on the back cover as being slightly embarrassing - do I really look like that? But, on the other hand, words of commendation from other well-established authors can feel good and give the writer a lift. But then comes publicising or marketing your product.

A lot of writers are closet people, preferring to write alone. I am glad to say, that being a journalist, I quite like meeting people and being sociable. However, it's one thing interviewing someone else and learning about them, which is fun, to be interviewed yourself. Just a couple of days ago I did my first radio interview on Waireka on BBC Radio Gloucestershire. On the whole it went quite well, although there are always things you wish you'd done better. All part of the learning process I suppose. Anyway, here it is -:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p069v783   l

Listen from 1:07 - 1:13.09 approximately.  Enjoy. Also as I write this it is just two days before my first book launch, the first actually in a local bookshop. Amazing but also scary.