This post A Marriage made in Heaven has moved to journojohnson.com

My son, Luke and his bride, Kelsey give wedding thanks!

Yes, my youngest son, Luke is married! I can hardly believe it! He and the beautiful, Kelsey tied the knot in Cleveland, Ohio, that's in the USA, on Saturday 17 February and what a wonderful day that was! Today we're celebrating another milestone too, Kelsey is finally allowed to come and join her husband in the UK who's been here since 25 February which is another big cause for celebration. Hooray! There's is truly is a marriage made in Heaven, they seem so much in love which is absolutely wonderful. A cause for them to celebrate and a cause for all Heaven to celebrate their love, a Christian marriage made in the sight of God.

It's made me think about our writing. We have our ups and downs - I've been on a bit of a down recently with the non appearance of my next book, WAIREKA, and all the problems surrounding it. But as Christian writers, whatever our ups and downs, maybe like a good Christian marriage it is something we do in the sight of God. Perhaps we could say the relationship of the writer/creator with the Creator, God is a marriage made in Heaven too. It's an important consideration, I believe in a world when many writers see their craft as 'something they do for themselves'. There's nothing wrong with that viewpoint either but if that's as far as it goes it seems a rather selfish aim and ending. 'I do it for me and if you like it great, if not well f... you' to use a rather nasty example. But surely we write 'to give hope to others, to make a difference in others lives, even to help them enjoy a little escapism from time to time, maybe aspire to help others touch Heaven?