This post How to do a radio interview has moved to journojohnson.com

Radio interviews. An important part of book promotion but does it fill you with dread? It did me, especially as my first one was live on air, even though it was just after 7am in the morning and few people were probably listening! I discovered that it's much easier to interview someone than to be interviewed. Still I managed, I think to get my main points across about my book, Alpha Male, and at least tell the listeners how to get hold of a copy - the most important thing!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03zyzn1 from 1:08

However, since then I realise that I was a little thrown by some of the questions of the interviewer and perhaps the early hour, so its a good thing to be prepared for whatever is thrown at you. I did do some preparation but maybe not enough. I would like to share with you some good tips I've learnt from fellow writer and journalist, Amy Boucher Pye. 
Here is a link to her radio interview tips. Very good advice it is too.


Thanks, Amy for letting me use this link. I will need to look back at it a few times I think. But I'm glad to say that the next radio interview is a recorded one which can easily be edited - local Corinium Radio in Circencester. 

I would also like to mention Amy's book 'Finding myself in Britain', an American making herself at home here in the UK.Which can be ordered straight from her website www.amyboucherpye.com