This post New Year, New Hope has moved to journojohnson.com

New Year's Day racing at Cheltenham



I start the year full of new hope for 2014. Already on the 1 Jan, my husband, Angus and I were able to have a few small wins at the races, then after staying up until after midnight the same day, I was able join the  Romantic Novelists Association's  New Writer's Scheme This has very limited places available but now guarantees that my manuscript for my novel will be read by someone. Then two days later I got an award for all my blood donations even though I wasn't able give blood at the time! Last night I found out that I have won a massage - Mmm, nice.

So all in all I am feeling hopeful about 2014, hopeful for renewing relationships that are important to me and hopeful for my writing. This could be the year of publication, after all some year has to be doesn't it? That would be a reward well worth waiting for but it won't happen without hard work and determination. Just like those horses racing to win in spite of the atrocious conditions or having to stay up until after midnight to claim that precious place in the Romantic Novelist's Association. Winning always comes with a cost.


1 Corinthians 9 v 24 -Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.