This post Trophy holder has moved to journojohnson.com


This trophy that I had the great pleasure to hold was won by a Grover Williams, the first Englishman to win a Grand Prix in Monaco. I'm certainly glad I didn't drop it as its worth £250,000!! This was the start of a fantastic weekend of Motorsport at Prescott Hill.

But holding the trophy made me consider two different trains of thought. Firstly, being chosen. God chooses each and everyone of us to know him. If it felt special to me to be picked out of a group of around fifteen then how much more special is it to be picked out by the creator of the universe out of thousands to know and follow him? Awesome.

Secondly, it is a bit like writing except the trophy we hold, unlike this, isn't a silver cup or similar but our own published book. And just as the trophy is inscribed with the winner's name our book is inscribed with our name on the front cover. I've seen my name on many a newspaper or magazine article but the excitement of seeing my name on the cover of a book is a joy yet to come and hopefully will come next year when my novella is due to be published in February 2014. That trophy will be all mine and even though it won't be worth nearly as much as £250,000 in many ways it will be worth an awful lot more to me.

Labels: