This post New Media, new message has moved to journojohnson.com


I've just returned this last weekend (20 Oct) from a New Media Conference run by Premier Radio in London. www.premier.org.uk

It was very inspiring and taught me so much about harnessing the new technologies to our advantage in getting our message out there. Mind you, I did feel a little of a dinosaur too as I sat there listening to the speakers and taking down their messages with pen and paper! A lot of the conference attendees were young and had no thought of using pen and paper but instead sat there note taking with their laptops, i pads  i phones etc balanced on their knees. Not only that but also there was a continuous tweet forum going on which I was on the outside of. I still don't get the constant messages connected with any form of pickles... Don't even like the things.

However, now I'm going to prove to you all how well I can blog, follow Facebook and Twitter and even use the hash tag!

This is all good stuff but the one danger is that we forget how to communicate with each other face to face. After all, I can  tweet you, FB you, blog, email you etc but have you seen my facial expression or read my body language recently...!


Labels: