This post Inspiration from 'Tea at Sam's'. has moved to journojohnson.com


I have just finished reading a book written by a friend of mine, Sue Cross. The book is titled ‘Tea at Sam’s’ and features the stories of three expatriate women whose lives become entwined together as they meet at a local art class and then go on to arrange to meet over a cup of tea at Sam’s or Samantha’s place.


But the meeting becomes symbolic for them all and more than just a cup of tea but a meeting of lives and a new start for them all.
Sue has attempted a very difficult task as a new writer, that of combining a number of different stories into one.  Well done Sue for attempting a such a daunting task and aiming high. Her characterisation is fantastic and she clearly understands the expatriate life completely with her firsthand experience.
I am left feeling a little over awed by this as a first book. I’m not sure if I can aspire to write even half as well and cannot imagine attempting such a difficult plot with so few problems. I recommend a read and look forward to more from the pen of this writer who has taught me so much. Thanks Sue.