This post Birthday and end-of-year reflections has moved to journojohnson.com

Having been duly reminded of my month's absence by various friends and followers here is both a recap of my birthday last week and a looking forward to Christmas at the end of the week.
My birthday lunch was spent in court - yes indeed, the old courthouse that now houses the new Jamie Oliver restaurant in town. How appropriate too to be seated in the press gallery without even a request. Obviously my journalistic reputation had gone before me or else it was just a coincidence but let's assume the former. Thanks Jamie. Really enjoyed the film 'A week with Marilyn' too especially for the great acting of one of my favourite actors, Kenneth Branagh. A rare chance to see him act too now that he is more often in a directors role. Not to be missed if you like him.
Now looking forward to a quiet Christmas and planning for our trip to NZ at the end of January where I hope to research my next novel - proper big one this time - about our first family settlers in the new world. I now have a history online subscription to help with the research too thanks to my sister-in-law, Kate and hope to get full use from it. Only have to work out how to post pictures on here first so as not to miss the travelling glories.
A very Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my followers and potential followers.

Labels: